Friday, July 24, 2009

Gucci-Mania


Is it just me or has urban culture gone a little crazy with this Gucci obsession? This one, I’d say, is safe to blame on the rappers (don’t tell Bill O’Reilly I said that). For the past year or so, some rappers have gotten a little carried away with wearing Gucci everything. I guess it’s the in thing to do right now. Nevertheless, it looks ridiculous.

Gucci shades, Gucci watch, Gucci hat, Gucci polo, Gucci jacket, Gucci loafers, etc. etc. etc. Heck, just the other day I was watching MTV Cribs and saw Soulja Boy boasting a bedspread which consisted of Gucci sheets and pillow cases……really, Soulja Boy? I can’t be the only one who sees that this Gucci fad has gone much too far. It’s time someone lifted the voice of the collective consciousness and spoke out against it.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m by no means anti-Gucci. In fact, it’s one of my favorite high-end clothing lines. I just feel as though Gucci clothing and accessories should not be paraded around by entertainers as the trendy flavor of the month, because it’s not.

Unlike BAPE hoodies and shutter glasses, Gucci has been around since long before Hip-Hop fashion trends and there’s no end in sight. It is for that precise reason that rappers should let this newfound fixation with Gucci go. I hereby declare that no rapper should be allowed to make a mockery of themselves by wearing Gucci from head to toe……well, maybe except for Gucci Mane……but that’s it.

4 comments:

  1. yeah i agree. everybody is all over gucci stuff. i personally don't think its that hot. i dont get what the infatuation is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dude makes me want to put my Gucci bag back in my closet. SMH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Mon, you can proudly wear that Gucci bag. You're not a part of the problem. lol

    ReplyDelete