Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Is What It Looks Like: LeBron James


With this post, I proudly present to you all the first installment of the “This Is What It Looks Like” series. This fashion-based subgenre is certainly one of the series that I will put the most thought and effort into. Essentially, TIWILL posts will cast the spotlight on singers, rappers, athletes, actors or anyone else who I feel deserves to be applauded for their impeccable fashion sense.


Often times while scrolling through photo’s of celebrities on the interweb, you find yourself stumbling upon a multitude of fashion disasters. But I’m not here to dwell on the negative or call anybody out for their sartorial shortcomings. Rather, I would much prefer to show some love to the folks who get it right. And when it comes to throwing together a sharp ensemble, the subject of this issue of TIWILL certainly does get it right.


Without overstating the point, LeBron James is among the best dressed athlete/celebrities on the planet (as evidenced by the above photographs). And I’m not just talking about throwing together a clean suit & tie. The attention to detail, color coordination, and elegance this man puts into his off-the-court outfits show that he knows exactly what he’s doing when he sets foot into that closet of his.


The thing that I appreciate the most about LBJ’s attire is that, despite the fact that he’s a young Black athlete, he is cognizant of the fact that he is his own brand and the clothes he wears are a significant element in building his public perception. If I had to sum up his fashion sense in a phrase I would call it ‘youthful sophistication’. It’s no wonder he was featured on the cover of GQ magazine; an honor shared by very few professional athletes. This man’s wardrobe is virtually untouchable. His trench coats are ferocious. His cardigan knits are impregnable. And, between you and me, I heard he once ate a fedora.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like u have a man crush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao. everybody's a comedian....game recognize game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo LeBron is def a fresh dude. I particularly like his use of the trench coat. Well played LeBron...

    ReplyDelete