Thursday, August 20, 2009

Artists On The Rise: RichGirl


Up-and-coming R&B girl group RichGirl (no relation to “Throw Some D’s” emcee, Rich Boy) has been slowly working their way onto the scene for the past several months. The group, comprised of members Audra, Brave, Lyndriette and Seven, on the surface resembles the likes of Destiny’s Child back in their early days. Not quite sure if the music is as comparable to the afore mentioned quartet yet, though.

Thus far, the group has releases a few singles; most notably: “He Ain’t With Me Now Though”, which is their lead single, and “Smile And Wave”, featuring Chris Brown. Both tracks are pretty solid. At the moment they are in the process of finalizing their self-titled debut album which is slated to release later in 2009.

The way I feel about this group is similar to the way I feel about Day 26; they’re nice, but it’s hard to tell how good they actually are since there’s no real competition for them in terms of other girl groups (unless, of course, you count the Pussy Cat Dolls…yea, me neither). With that said, I wish RichGirl the best of luck.

…And if their group’s career doesn’t pan out, I hope the most popular member (who will undoubtedly break away from the group) has a great solo career!

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I imeem'd these chicks, at first I was really excited to see a new RnB girl group, there hasnt been a good one since Destiny's Child, i mean there WAS Danity Kane...but thats over before it began...too bad I listened to a few tracks and they are horrible. Not feeling them, and can guarantee they won't make it too far....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I agree that there hasn't been a great female group since DC. I feel like this is another in the long line of groups that is trying to recapture that DC magic. We'll see if that works out for them.

    ReplyDelete