Saturday, August 1, 2009

Shine on the Line: Obey


For this edition of Shine on the Line, I wanted to cast the spotlight on one of my favorite clothing lines: Obey. Founded in 2001 by renowned artist Shepard Fairey, Obey is a line that features iconic prints which are just as likely to be found on building walls and street corners as t-shirts and hoodies. Chances are you’ve seen one in a city near you.

The reason that Obey initially stood out to me is the profound emphasis they put on the artistry of their craft. Their designs are unique, authentic and often times politically driven. That’s something that you just can’t say about a lot of lines out there these day. And when it comes down to it, the bottom line is their clothes are dope.

Bravo, Obey. Keep doing your thing. To learn more about Obey, visit their website: http://obeyclothing.com/

2 comments:

  1. interesting they made the Obama sign

    there pretty good

    thanks for the post check out my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently made it out to the ICA to see the Obey exhibit.

    I don't know man, I think it's cool and I love the portraits Fairey has done (Obama, Tupac, Michael Jackson I think) but I didn't love all of the stuff. I think it was touch and go for me, but I do think he was very talented.

    ReplyDelete